In the Northern Hemisphere, January 1st marks the horse’s birthday. In the Southern Hemisphere it is August, 1st. More and more horse lovers are taking the time to mark this occasion with a horse birthday treat. Not only does it feel great making a special treat for your favourite horse, but you can share the moment with your friends on social media.
Horse Birthday Treat – No Bake Cake
This convenient recipe is so easy that even kids can help out with the preparation. Feel free to add any ingredients that your horse considers a treat. Just make sure the more dry ingredients you add, you increase the wet to suit.
If your horse is ulcer prone, take care to minimise the sugary ingredients. However, we all agree that sometime exceptions can be made on birthdays! 😉
- 1 carrot, grated or finely chopped
- 2 carrots cut into carrot sticks
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 cup of molasses
- 4 cups of grain
- Mix the grains and molasses together with the grated carrots into a large mixing bowl.
- When all the ingredients have been mixed in properly, place the batter onto a plate and start with the shaping process. The batter can be a bit sticky but this makes it easier form it into your desired shape.
- Sprinkle some more shredded carrot on top as ‘frosting’, and arrange the sliced apples decoratively. Stick the carrot sticks into the cake to serve as candles.
Recipe credits to: Alexis McCollom
We wish all the birthday horses around the world a very happy birthday! We’d love to see the birthday treats you whip up for your favourite horse – please connect with us on Facebook and send us your pictures!